Roman London - the London wall
These pages are based on a "Royal Commission On Historical Monuments 1834" - actually it is 1928; which is in the public domain.
(38) . Warwick Square, West side. In 1922, during alterations of the premises of
the Oxford University Press, the internal side of two pieces of the wall was
uncovered ; the northern fragment had been robbed of its facing, but the face of
the southern was largely intact, showing a double bonding-course with four
courses of squared rag-stone above and below it. A fragment is preserved in
A further portion of the wall, near here, was found, before 1880, under the building of Tylor and Son, adjoining the Oxford Arms (now pulled down) [Price, On a Bastion of London 'Wall, 2ln],