Roman London - the London wall
These pages are based on a "Royal Commission On Historical Monuments 1834" - actually it is 1928; which is in the public domain.
(14) . Bevis Marks, East of Goring Street. In 1923 a stretch of the wall about
120 feet long and 8 1/2 feet thick immediately South East of Goring Street was
uncovered and destroyed. The external face was of the normal type with sandstone
plinth and triple bonding-course. The base of the plinth was 7 1/2 feet below
the modem ground-level. The wall stood on 5 feet of brick-earth lying above the