Search over 60 thousand pages of pub history and London history by surname, street name or pub.

Bowl & Pin, 3 Little Mitchell street, St Luke EC1

In the 1849 license transfer, it is listed as the Bowl and Pin, Bartholomew square. The 1851 directory lists this address as the Bowl & Pin which again is earlier listed at 5 Little Mitchell Street. ** The Bowl and Pin at 3 Little Mitchell Street is renamed as the Kings Arms by the 1856 Directory. The address is at 39 Mitchell Street by 1882, following street renaming. These are definitely the same pub. *

St Luke pub history index

Residents at this address.

1809/William Monk, Bowl and Pin, 1 Richmond street, St Lukes/../../Holdens Directory

1818/William Burns / Victualler /../../Sun Fire Office, records held at Guildhall Library **

1823/Thomas Oliphant / Victualler /../../Sun Fire Office, records held at Guildhall Library **

1832/William Blackwell, Bowl and Pin, Richmond street, St Lukes/../../Robson’s Directory

1842/Jno. Tomlin/../../../Robson’s Directory **

Morning Advertiser 05 July 1847 - Transfers
Bowl and Pin, Bartholomew square, William Gaunt to Charles James Hervey

1848/Charles James Hersey/../../../Post Office Directory *

February 1849/Charles John Hersey/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era

February 1849/Samuel Price/Incoming Licensee/../../Era

1851/Edward Wm Hyde/../../../Kellys Directory

April 1852/Henry Hunt/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era Newspaper

April 1852/Henry Wells/Incoming Licensee/../../Era Newspaper

1856/Henry James Wells/../../../Post Office Directory

1869/Wm Hy Cooper/../../../Post Office Directory


* Provided By Ewan

** Provided By Stephen Harris

  • UK Towns and Cities
  • London history
  • Accessible Travel etc
  • London Pub history
  • And Last updated on: Thursday, 18-Apr-2024 23:04:23 BST