Search over 60 thousand pages of pub history and London history by surname, street name or pub.

Bull and Gate, 245 High Holborn, St Giles WC2

St Giles pub history index

The list of Masonic lodges in 1730-1732 and also in 1736-1739 name the Bull and gate, Holborn as its number 2 Lodge. On the 29th July 1842 a William Cable is noted here in his will as being the stable keeper at Bull and Gate yard, High Borborn.

In John Rocques 1746 Map of London on the north side of High Holborn are the New Inn ; Three Cups Inn ; Blue Boar Inn ; and on the south side are the Bull Inn ; George Inn and Unicorn brewhouse.

In John Rocques 1746 Map of London on the north side of High Holborn are the New Inn ; Three Cups Inn ; Old Blue Boar Inn ; and on the south side are the Bull Inn ; George Inn and Unicorn brewhouse.

A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in St Giles in Fields, London.

Residents at this address

16th May 1789/Insured: James Smith, The Bull and Gate inn yard, High Holborn, tea urn maker : Other property or occupiers: Blick, innholder/../../Sun Fire Office records, held at Guildhall Library **

6th March 1794/Insured: Elizabeth Blick, 245 (the Bull and Gate) Holborn, innholder/../../Sun Fire Office records, held at Guildhall Library **

1st October 1829/Insured: Clarrisa Hopkins of the Bull and Gate, High Holborn, victualler and John Edwards/../../Sun Fire Office records, held at Guildhall Library **

1832/William Cable, about 245 High Holborn/../../../Robsons Directory

1842/W & E Cable, livery stables, about 245 High Holborn/../../../Robsons Directory



  • UK Towns and Cities
  • London history
  • Accessible Travel etc
  • London Pub history
  • And Last updated on: Thursday, 25-Jan-2024 10:26:39 GMT