Search over 60 thousand pages of pub history and London history by surname, street name or pub.

Campden Arms , 33 & 34 Campden Street, Kensington W8

Kensington pub index

The Campden Arms, Kensington gore in the 1853 license transfer. Long closed and converted to residential use. Often listed as Camden Arms, Camden Street. Closed in 1915 as a pub through the compensation award scheme.

A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Kensington, London.

Campden Arms, Campden Street, W8 at the corner of Peel Place. In 1905.

Campden Arms, 33-34 Campden Street, W8 at the corner of Peel Place. In 1905.

Kindly provided by Vincent O'Loughlin

Campden Arms, 33-34 Campden Street, W8 - in February 2014

Campden Arms, 33-34 Campden Street, W8 - in February 2014

Kindly provided by Tris

Residents at this address

1833-34/Joseph Gilks, Camden Arms, Kensington gore/../../Pigots Directory

May 1853/Mary Ann Wilkinson/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era

May 1853/Charles Laxton/Incoming Licensee/../../Era

January 1854/Henry Gilbert/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era

January 1854/Thomas Charles Jones/Incoming Licensee/../../Era

1856/T C Jones/../../../Post Office Directory

February 1862/Mr Thomas W Jones, late occupier/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era

February 1862/Mrs Ann Jones, widow and executrix of Mr Thomas W Jones/Incoming Licensee/../../Era

July 1869/George Grape/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era

July 1869/James Walter Compton/Incoming Licensee/../../Era

1871/James Walter Compton/Licensed Victualler/27/St Lukes, Middlesex/Census
1871/Ellen Compton/Sister, Housekeeper/21/Paddington, Middlesex/Census
1871/Joseph Sanders/Barman/18/Marylebone, Middlesex/Census

Morning Advertiser 27 September 1871 - transfer of licences:
Campden arms, Campden street, James Walter Compton to Isaac Hunt, late of the Mail Coach, Shepherds Bush

1881/John Moss Mayo/Licensed Victualler/36/Silverstone, Northampton/Census
1881/Rebecca Mayo/Wife/30/Biggleswade, Bedford/Census
1881/Cecilia Savage/Barmaid/16/Rainham, Essex/Census
1881/Henry Wm Bines/Potman/17/London City, Middlesex/Census

1882/John Moss Mayo/../../../Post Office Directory

Kensington News and West London Times. 06 July 1889
Kensington Petty Sessions
The Campden Arms, John Moss Mayo to George Grey

1891/George Gray/../../../Post Office Directory

1899/Charles Best/../../../Post Office Directory

1910/Henry John Treadwell/../../../Post Office Directory

London Evening Standard 03 June 1914
Licensing Act 1904 Notice of principal meeting to discuss by the Compensation authority on 1st July 1914
Campden Arms, 33 Campden street, Kensington, Full, Frederick Robinson

1915/Frederick Robinson/../../../Post Office Directory

Westminster Gazette 14 July 1915
Compensation Authority for the County of London under the Licensing Consolidation Act 1910. The recipients of the money were the freeholders, leaseholders, and tenants of twenty seven licensed premises in the Metropolis, which are to be closed at the end of July as redundant. The awards totalled £59,651.
Campden Arms, 33 Campden street, £1,945

** Provided By Stephen Harris

  • UK Towns and Cities
  • London history
  • Accessible Travel etc
  • London Pub history
  • And Last updated on: Friday, 23-Feb-2024 11:31:14 GMT